Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: been target shooting

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty darn good.....I prefer to shoot the shotgun from the hip..it kills my shoulder...I didn't miss the target either

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love to go plinging, I never used a shotgun much, I had a friend who used to go to the mountains and shoot, he had aRuger mini 14, 22 rifle, and a couple small caliber handguns. It was a lot of fun.
    Were you practicing for the Bambi season???

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no..as much as I would like to get rid of the long legged rodents (deer)..I can't shoot one...however my brother is here visiting me...he brought his bow contraption along with several hunting rifles....he plans on bagging a few...and my gosh the turkeys are unbelievable..they are everywhere....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never really noticed Turkeys before but this year I see them everytime I drive out in the country.
    Here is a photo of a young one that I photographed last weekend as we headed out to the lake.

    P1050266

    I would like to try my hand at some bow target shooting. Way back in the stone ages I shot some in school, but it was just a regular Bow, not these new compound bows with sights and balancing arms and GPS and heat seeking arrows

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    did I mention I joined the NRA..I have a hat they gave me emblazoned with their logo LOL..I told Robin I was going to wear it to her democratic party get-together LOL...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stir em up Mum...lmao. I'd like to see their looks [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that turkey looks pretty good....my bro will be coming back up here in Oct to hunt...look out turkey and squirrels...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't had fried squirril in years & years, smothered in its own Gravey with a mound of smashed 'taters and some home made buiscuits....Mmmm that sounds good

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that does sound good....I wonder if there are fat free squirrels

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Squirrel is so tough...ya know my friends father who just passed...well he was the one that served me fried squirrel way back when and we had rabbit and venison that night too. I loved the venison but still won't touch rabbit or squirrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •